- II. Types of personal data collected
- III. The use and share of the collected personal data
- IV. Age restriction
V. Therights of access and opt-out
- VI. Mode and place of processing the personal data
- VII. Retention time and deletion of personal data
- IX. Data controller contact information
- X. Rights of EU users
- XI. Rights of California users
II. Types of personal data collected
Personal data requests and user registration
When you use or register on the Dating.com Application, we only collect personal data that you provide of your own accord. By registering on our Application you will provide and share your personal data with the public and with other users. Something that is public can be seen by anyone. For example, the personal data you provide in section «About Me», your name, gender, username, user ID, profile picture, photos and videos. This personal data is made available to the public to help connect you with other Application users. Please be advised that public personal data can show up when someone does a search on Dating.com Application. In some cases, people you share and communicate with may download or copy the content you provided to them or make it public. Use caution about the personal data you share with others.
Personal data you provide us when you use our services or register for an account with us:
- identifying personal data such as your gender, email and billing address when you register for an account with us. It is your voluntary decision whether to provide us with any such personal information, but if you refuse to provide such information we may not be able to register you to receive our services;
- other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (username, user ID, profile picture, photos and videos, interests, favorites);
- you may also provide us other personal data through your participation in
user-to-usercommunications, chats, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our services;
- additional personal data we are required or authorized by applicable laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the personal data we have collected.
Personal data we collect automatically when you use our services or register for an account with us:
we collect data about your interaction with our services and your communications with us. This is personal data we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our services. This
personal data could include the following: device number, device ID or unique identifier, device type, and unique device token, operating system and applications used, application
crash-data, IP address, User agent, platform, Software Development Kit version, anonymous User ID, time stamp Developer Key, application version, device identifiers such as: IDFA (Identifier For Advertisers), device model, manufacture, OS version, in-appevents, and network status (WiFi/3G), Login source, application use, age, gender, if profile is linked to Facebook/Google, number of photos in profile, interests, notification status, registration date, credits bought, date of last payment and use of services;
- location personal data, including location personal data from your mobile device including specific geographic locations through IP, GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals;
- mobile phone or tablet and connection personal data such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the websites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log personal data;
- we collect data about your interaction with our services and your communications with us. This is personal data we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our services. This personal data could include the following: device number, device ID or unique identifier, device type, and unique device token, operating system and applications used, application
Personal data we collect using cookies and similar technologies:
We use cookie technology on Dating.com as part of the statistical reporting on our website. It contains personal data used by a website to personalize your experience (e.g. rotating profiles) and to gather statistical data, such as which pages are visited, what is downloaded during your experience, the domain name and country of the internet provider that you have come from (e.g. ‘aol’, or ‘umich.edu’), and addresses of those websites you have visited just before and after Dating.com. Nevertheless, we do not associate any of this personal data with you as an individual. Only an aggregate measure is taken. Cookie personal data allows us to follow your «click stream» activity (i.e., how visitors navigate our website as they move from page to page). It is important to note that cookies never capture your individual email address or any of your private personal data.
We also operate standard server log files to assist in counting visitor numbers and analyzing our website’s technical capability. This personal data is used to establish how many people using Dating.com Application, enable us to organize the pages for the best usability, make the Application suitable for your OS version, and ensure that our pages are working at their full potential. Although we collect personal data on web traffic we do not record personal data on particular users of our Application, which means that no personal data about you as an individual is retained or used.
Personal data we collect from other social media:
- Use of Nextroll is subject to Nextroll Privacy Notice;
- Use of Microsoft Bing Ads is subject to Microsoft Privacy Statement;
While we do our best to keep this list updated, please note that third parties who place cookies on your device may change from time to time, and there may be a slight delay updating the list.
To learn more about how to control cookie settings through your browser:
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides. You can opt out of
interest-basedtargeting provided by participating ad servers through the Digital Advertising Alliance ( https://youradchoices.com).
III. The use and share of the collected personal data
- management of your account and preferences, operate, measure and improve our services, keep our services safe, secure and operational, and customize website content that includes services that you may like in response to actions that you take;
- provision of customer support, to contact you regarding your account, to resolve any dispute and answer your questions and enquires;
- provision of marketing information and special offers, different kind of notifications about our services (you have the right to withdraw,
opt-out, your consent at any time;
- provision of analytics, improve services, monitor and develop the personal data security of our website and mobile applications, measure the performance of our marketing and advertising campaigns;
- detection and protection against fraudulent transactions and other suspicious activities;
- to create Agregated data for internal use or for improving services/websites and creating new features. Agregated data is anonymous and is not linked to any personal data. Aggregate Information helps understand trends and customer needs so that new products and services can be considered and so existing products and services can be tailored to customer desires. We may share such aggregated data with our partners, without restriction, on commercial terms that we can determine in our sole discretion.
Following links to other websites:
- oversee a customer personal data database;
- help us in sending out emails;
- help us with direct marketing;
- assist us with storage and data analysis;
- prevent from fraudulent activities;
- help us in maintaining, developing and improving our systems/websites/applications/services;
We may transfer or share a copy of your personal data in cases where Dating.com or one of its properties, affiliates, or subsidiaries is part of a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling part of its assets.
The Personal data may be used for legal purposes by us or the Data controller and any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors and etc., in court or to protect against the contravention or unauthorized use of our website, to defend or protect our rights.
By posting any content, messages, photos and/or videos to any public area of the Application You automatically grant, represent and warrant that You have the right to grant to us an irrevocable, perpetual,
non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such personal data and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such personal data and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a
The member hereby agrees that we may at our own discretion use any available channels of communication (including, but not limited to Email, phone, sms, push notifications, Whatsapp, Facebook, Wechat, QQ and any other messengers) for customer support and/or marketing purposes if You have provided us such. You may at any time withdraw Your consent on such communication by contacting our Customer Support team.
IV. Age restriction
Children under 18 years of age are not allowed to use our website and our services are not targeted at children under the age of 18. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any personal data we receive from users we believe to be aged 18 or under will be removed from our database.
V. The rights of access and opt-out
You have the right, at any time, to change or delete your Personal data, please carry out these instructions:
- Log into your account;
- Click the profile thumbnail at the top right hand corner of the Dating.com main page;
- Select My Profile;
- Click the pencil thumbnail in section You would like to edit;
- Edit your personal data;
- Click Save.
You may also send a request to our Support Team and they will guide you through the process.
You can decide which correspondence to receive from us in accordance with our policy on freedom of choice and opting out. To stop receiving correspondence you can click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of each email you receive or by emailing your request to us at unsubscribe@Dating.com or by changing the settings in your profile.
VI. Mode and place of processing the personal data
The Data controller processes the personal data of users of Dating.com in a proper manner and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or unauthorized destruction of the personal data.
The personal data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Data controller, in some cases, the personal data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the website (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communication agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Data controller.
The Personal data is processed at the Data controller’s operating offices and in any other place where the parties involved with the processing are located.
VII. Retention time and deletion of personal data
Please note that, even after termination of membership and deletion of any personal data, termination of any license granted hereunder, some content may continue to exist because of cached internet pages beyond the control of Dating.com.
IX. Data controller contact information
Data controller of the website is DMM Solutions Inc, located at 416 EAST 85TH ST. 5A NEW YORK, NY, 10028
X. Rights of EU users
You have the right to obtain confirmation if your personal information is being processed by us. If that is the case, you can access your personal information and the following information: (a) the purposes of the processing; (b) the categories of personal information; © to whom the personal information have been or will be disclosed; (d) the envisaged period for which the personal information will be stored, or the criteria used to determine that period.
If you would like to have a copy of your personal information from us, we will provide it based on (1) you will prove your identity, (2) it will not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
You have the right to demand that we erase your personal information, and we shall erase it without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies: (a) this personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were processed; (b) you withdraw consent if the processing was based on your consent, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing; © you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds; (d) your personal information have been unlawfully processed; (e) your personal information have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation.
You have the right to receive your personal information which you provided us in a structured, commonly used and
machine-readableformat and have the right to transmit those data to another company, where: (a) the processing is based on your consent or on a contract; and (b) the processing is carried out by automated means.
You have the right to withdraw you consent for processing of your personal information at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of your personal information infringes GDPR.
- All the requests, exercise of rights, communications, inquiries, clarifications and provision of information are to be sent to us by You via Live Support or via email to our support team at support@Dating.com.
XI. Rights of California users
If you are located in California, USA, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) gives you the right to exercise the following rights:
- Right to know and access. You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Information we collect, use or share; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or used by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; and (4) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Right to equal service. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
- Right to delete. You may submit a verifiable request to close your account and we will delete Personal Information about you that we have collected.
In order to verify your identity when you make a request, you will be required to log in to your password-protected account or respond to an email verification request.
Under CCPA, you can appoint an authorised agent to make the requests for exercising the rights above on your behalf. In order to do this, we will ask you to verify the request directly via email.
The CCPA also requires us to disclose certain metrics about the various requests we get, such as how many specific requests we received from California residents in the last calendar year. You can request for us to provide the said metrics via Live Support or via email to our support team.
All the requests, exercise of rights, communications, inquiries, clarifications and provision of information are to be sent to us by You via Live Support or via email to our support team at support@Dating.com
Last updated December, 2019