Safety and Security Policy
- Never send any money to another member.
- Clearly state your expectations to avoid misunderstanding.
- Conduct video chats with your partner once in a while.
- Don’t share your password, access to your account or any official identity document with anyone.
NOTE! We strongly recommend our members to follow NJ Rev Stat § 56:8–171 (2017):
(3) «Never include your last name,
(4) «If you choose to have a
face-to-facemeeting with another member, always tell someone in your family or a friend where you are going and when you will return. Never agree to be picked up at your home. Always provide your own transportation to and from your date and meet in a public place with many people around.»
Scam and reimbursements
- A member misidentifies him/herself (i.e., someone who uses another member’s profile without permission to communicate with you). We will reimburse all credits incurred communicating with this member.
- A member requests money or expensive gifts from you. We will reimburse all credits spent on communicating with this member and ban the member permanently
- A member deliberately misrepresents the following details in his/her profile: age, children, gender and marital status. We will reimburse all credits you incurred communicating with this member and ban the member permanently.
Not a scam
- Some mistakes occurred in the translation of a letter.
- If a member doesn’t answer all questions in an email.
- If on any level of your communication, the member takes the decision to stop developing your relationship.
- If a member has photos of relatives, friends,
ex-partnersand other personal info posted on any social network.
- If a member wears rings on their fingers. Wearing rings does not mean a person is married, regardless of which finger it is on.
- If a member uses a nickname.
Dating.com Support Team