Dating a person from another country is not very easy: while there are lots of European countries which have pretty similar culture and traditions, there are also lots of countries which have a completely different history and therefore their customs and views differ as well. Ukraine is a country which has a pretty distinct difference between its
Western and Eastern parts: historical and social background of these regions has created a visible separation in people’s views and habits there. While Western Ukraine is often seen as a more open, Westernized and socialistic part of the country: it’s always easier for a foreigner from Europe or the USA to find a common language with people from Western Ukraine and especially from its capital, Kyiv. Eastern Ukraine is known as a unitary part of the country with more strict and Soviet-influenced views and traditions. If you want to meet a Ukrainian woman for dating and relationships, then it’s better to start from Western Ukraine: lots of foreigners have higher chances to meet love there.
If you want to experience dating a Ukrainian lady, then you should remember that there are many features you might need time to get used to. While there are lots of Westernized and modern people in Ukraine, there are also many conservative Slavic people who are incredulous and strained with foreigners. These people need to understand that you’re just a person who is not condescending or arrogant with them. There’s a stereotype about rich foreigners who just want to buy local women’s attention and love, but if you show a Ukrainian person that their concerns are false, they’ll become extremely friendly and cheerful. Ukrainians are well-known for their hospitality and goodwill, so it’s easy to find a common language and make friends there.
Though it’s meaningless to believe in stereotypes too much, there are lots of things which are pretty common for many Ukrainian women: people are unique, but when they live in the same conditions and share the same standards of living they often tend to have some similar features and traits. Don’t treat your Ukrainian beauty as a combination of stereotypes and cliches about her, and you’ll receive her love and gratitude. Being with a pretty Ukrainian lady means being aware of some things in advance.
- Single Ukrainian women are very family-oriented. They love and pay respect to their relatives, they listen to their parent’s opinions and advice and have close family bonds. It’s essential to love kids and to be interested in making a family there, and even though there are lots of educated and ambitious women in Ukraine )especially in its biggest cities), there are also many girls who want to be housewives and take care of their families as well. They are also great cooks: lots of local women are being taught to cook from their childhood by their mothers and grannies because it’s considered a women’s duty to cook for the family there. Try to create a good first impression in the eyes of your lady’s parents and it will increase your chances with her a lot;
- Ukrainian women are beautiful! They have a perfect mixture of Slavic and European beauty in their genes, so most of them have pale skin, dark or fair hair, pretty feminine faces and attractive bodies. Young Slavic women usually look extremely attractive, but it’s essential for them to have a good standard of living and health to maintain their beauty for decades. Lots of mature or senior Slavis women become overweight, but it’s not connected with their genetics. Many Slavic women over 45 from post-Soviet countries stop caring about their appearance because they think their romantic life is over. Unhealthy food, ecology and lack of physical activity can spoil everyone, so there are lots of exceptions in Ukraine and it’s not that hard to meet a mature beautiful woman who ages like good wine. Also, Ukrainian women love dressing up and using attractive makeup: for instance, sometimes they can dress up to go shopping in a local supermarket. They love being beautiful and put a lot of effort into their looks;
- They are loyal. Just like in many Slavic and post-Soviet countries, there’s no hookup culture in Ukraine. People prefer to date and have relationships more seriously: though there are always indecent and unreliable men who use girls for one-night stands, it’s disapproved there and women don’t want to take part in it. Of course, people date and break up in Ukraine just like in any other country, but it’s more common to see potential in every relationship there: whether your relationship lasts for a week or years, many people will think of it as something which can possibly lead to marriage;
- Ukrainian women are straightforward and honest. These qualities make them almost irresistible for many foreign men: their sincerity and purity are truly magnetic for men. It’s normal in Ukraine not to hide your real emotions and attitude: they often have no such strict norms of what’s considered polite or appropriate in Western countries, so they avoid small talks and don’t smile just to be friendly and polite. At the same time, they smile a lot because of their cheerful character and can really be real sunshine: their directness and optimistic attitude are clearly seen for everyone.
- Though it’s subjective, lots of men say that lots of Ukrainian ladies are too emotional and susceptible. They can be amazed or disappointed by little things and it’s pretty easy to make her cry or really angry: they are very impressionable and go from 0 to 100 very quickly. Their straightforwardness and habit to express their feelings openly make them very expressive and sentimental sometimes, so be ready for this;
- A language barrier can be a problem in some cases. It’s pretty traditional for most post-Soviet countries to study English at schools and universities, but not all of Ukrainians know this language well. There are lots of exceptions, but these people often live in Kyiv, so it’s always easier to start from there. You may also try to learn the Ukrainian language in the name of love, but it might be tough: that language is pretty similar to Belarussian, Russian, Polish, Bulgarian and others, so it’s not that easy for an English-speaking person to learn it. Lots of Ukrainian women who date foreigners take classes and learn their partner’s language, so this problem can be solved;
- Your relationship with a Ukrainian woman will develop slowly. These women don’t want to be seen as easy-to-get and too available, so they might slow down your relationship intentionally even if they like you. It might be a problem for a foreigner who visits Ukraine for a while, but at least it shows her serious attitude and plans. Every mixed couple can try long-distance relationships, but it’s not always easy to maintain passion and interest when you can’t see or hear your partner too often.