While Swedish guys are blessed by the opportunity to date most beautiful Swedish women, men from other countries need to travel a lot or look around to meet these angelic creatures. Though many Scandinavians travel a lot and can be seen in different countries all over the world, move abroad to have better jobs and opportunities and leave their native countries in the name of love, most of them are pretty satisfied with the standard of living and lifestyle they have in their motherland. Swedish people are blessed to live in a country with great architecture and beautiful urban improvement, so most of them would prefer to spend their lives in Sweden. These people don’t have to move abroad for better lives - they are able to have anything they want by having great education and working hard in their own country.
Lots of people consider dating hot Swedish women an amazing experience every man can only dream about not only because of their looks and great character but also because of an opportunity and reason to move to Sweden later. Having serious and long-lasting relationships with a foreigner is a great chance to move to a better place: though it’s a minor thing in every dating, it’s still important in terms of having perspectives in life. If you’re not ready to have a ghostly opportunity of moving to Sweden, then you can look for an expat who lives in your country as well. Nowadays it’s pretty easy to meet new people: from cafes and pubs to online dating services - all these opportunities are open for anyone who has a goal to meet someone new.
Every man interested in having relationships with a Swedish lady should remember that Scandinavians often have different views and opinions about the world from the Western people. Their culture, customs, history and traditions have created a pretty unique mentality and worldviews. Just like any other country, Sweden has its local norms of behaviour, so lots of things which are seen as normal or appropriate in other countries can be considered strange or impolite there. Read these Swedish women’s features to find out what to expect from dating a local girl:
- There is a great level of political correctness in Sweden: you should be very polite and tolerant while communicating with locals because your rude or reckless words can create a first impression about you. Just like many other developed countries with high standards of living, Sweden cares a lot about tolerance, mutual respect, human rights and feminism, so it’s essential to expect everyone to be disapproving of you telling inappropriate jokes or giving sexist comments. It’s not a good way to find friends, to have a common language with colleagues or to approach: a polite, humble and respectful tone will be much more appropriate. In Sweden, political correctness never goes too far: it’s pretty comfortable to live there and you don’t feel like someone tries to limit your freedom of speech. Just behave decently - and a good Swedish girl will appreciate that;
- You’re not expected to pay for a girl there. More than that, it might be considered offensive if you insist on paying for her dinner or coffee: in Sweden, a man is never seen as just a breadwinner who must pay for everything and buy expensive presents for his woman all the time. A Swedish woman is not a lady who needs to be paid for: she probably has a decent job with a good salary and can afford to eat out in a pleasant company with money she has earned. Also, Swedish ladies can’t be bought by your financial well-being: don’t show off too much because they’re not looking for “sugar daddies” or sponsors. The Swedes have a special term for having a break from work with a cup of coffee (and sometimes a cinnabon) - “fikka”. It’s often seen as something like a date in America and other countries: people just communicate and try to know each other better to understand whether they should try dating or not. Don’t even try to pay for her coffee while having “a fikka” with her: it might be a bad sign for her and she’ll be repelled from you immediately. Concentrate on communication and enjoy your time spent with a beautiful woman: your money won’t help you to win her heart, but your intelligence and character will;
- Lots of Scandinavians drink a lot. While in some countries it’s considered inappropriate for a lady to drink alcohol, in Sweden both men and women can enjoy beer, wine and other alcohol drinks in moderation. In fact, a Swedish “moderation” means much more than what other countries are used to: an average Swedish girl can overdrink many foreign guys and still be fine and pretty sane. In Sweden, alcohol is often seen as “liquid courage”, so it’s a tool which is often used to make a group of people more talkative and open because most Swedes are pretty shy and reserved. Get used to drinking or at least don’t try to limit her if she feels and looks fine - these people know their limits and understand when to stop. In the end of the day, if a Swedish lady looks so healthy and stunning, then it’s not a problem for her and it’s definitely not your problem too;
- Respect people’s personal space there. Swedes tend to be very educated and intelligent people: they are well-read, smart, well-aware of what’s happening in the world and are interested in many different fields. That means that they are not bored while being on their own: they are kinda introverted sometimes and they value their personal space a lot. A woman should feel extremely secure and safe with you to become open and friendly: Swedes often seem pretty cold while speaking to new people because they need time to melt and to feel comfortable with strangers. Let them open at their comfortable pace and don’t be too intrusive: there’s no need to hurry, just enjoy communication and let the lady understand that you’re a mature and reliable person she can trust. A Swedish woman takes personal space very seriously, so respect her comfort and wait for her to feel comfortable with you;
- Swedish guys are underachievers, so be initiative. Though lots of Swedish men are as attractive as Swedish ladies, they are often shy and don’t seem ready to approach a girl they like. That’s why lots of Swedish women need to be more active and initiative to make first moves and to show that they’re also interested in a man to get acquainted or to set up a date. Knowing that you can clearly understand that it’s your chance to flirt and communicate with beautiful Swedish women to get their attention and to have a chance to date one of them. At the same time, don’t forget about politeness and political correctness of Sweden: you shouldn’t use cliche pick-up lines and cheesy phrases to impress a woman and stay away from sexist jokes and lustful looks. Behave humble and friendly and don’t be too pushy or you can repel a woman and kill the chances with her.