When a busy working person becomes a fitness devotee it occupies most part of his or her free time. It influences the dietary side as well: no more chips and cola in front of a TV set, no more evenings in bed snacking on delicious but bad for you sweets. Well, at least not as a rule.
That means having a supporting partner by your side is extremely important. You could go to the gym together and have fun cooking delicious but healthy meals. You will both enjoy such a lifestyle if you see eye to eye on it.
Lots of men interested in dating American women or ladies abroad work out regularly, so they would like their potential partners to have similar interests. If you haven’t met the right person to do fitness together with, there are always fitness singles online dating.
Some tips on how to build a relationship with an athlete
The presence of similar interests and high compatibility increase the chances of the relationship becoming more successful. This does not mean that you should look for a partner just like you and reject the rest. Opposites also get along well together. But you may have disagreements and misunderstandings if you don’t agree on things. Fitness dating also falls into this category. Professional athletes have a unique lifestyle, they have their own rules regarding everything: the daily routine, food, hobbies, leisure and so on. You need to know a few things if you want your relationship to last longer than a month and be happy:
- Join your partner. Nobody asks you to play sports 24/7 or give up your hobby. Your soulmate will be pleased if once a week you join him or her in the gym, pool, etc. You will learn a little more about the main hobby of your partner and you will become better. Exercising is very good for health and has a beneficial effect on the figure;
- Do not ask to cancel the workout. Professional athletes do not miss training under any circumstances. For them, the weather, the season, the situation in the country or the threat of a nuclear war do not matter. They always train. Try not to insist on canceling your workout unless it is a matter of life or death. Such requests may offend your partner or he will decide that you do not understand him. Which is also not good for your relationship;
- Do not insist on junk food. Nutrition for professional athletes is very important. He refuses an extra piece of cake not because he doesn’t love you, but because he really can’t eat it. The same goes for pizza, beer, burger and other very high-calorie foods. This is their lifestyle to which they are accustomed. It is likely that your partner and you will try to transfer you to a healthy diet. Talk to your soulmate about this moment. Try to compromise if this option does not suit you. You should understand that you may have to give up everything tasty and harmful in his presence. Because he will also want pizza, but he will not be allowed. During strict diets, you will have to support your chosen one and remove everything harmful from the house;
- Understand his pose in front of Zelkal correctly. This moment concerns bodybuilders. Their body is their tool for victory. They can spin for hours in front of a mirror and examine their bodies from all sides. This is not because they are narcissistic, but because it is their work. They need to see and understand where else they need to refine their muscles in order to look perfect at competitions. Just take it as a fact and better not joke about it;
- Conversations can be endless. Athletes spend half their lives on sports, it is logical to assume that most of the talk will come down to sports or events at competitions, the gym, and so on. This moment also needs to be understood and accepted, over time you will begin to understand all these issues and get used to it. Ask your partner to explain incomprehensible points to you, he will be pleased with your interest;
- Do not put them before a choice. One day you may be bored with such a lifestyle and you will put your partner in front of a choice: you or a sport. Well, the answer may surprise you greatly. As a rule, a sportsman will choose a sport. This choice will not be easy for him, but you ask him to abandon all his achievements, efforts, sports future and dreams. It may well be that the partner will not choose you;
- Support is very important to them. It can take more than one year of hard work to prepare for a competition: diet, endless training, nervous breakdowns and banal fatigue. Any athlete, regardless of gender, will need your support and love. Be patient, do not scold your love for scattered sports equipment or cans of protein. Help him get through this with support and love;
- Athletes are always hungry. They are on a strict diet only when preparing for the competition. And they always want to eat. A lot of training = constant hunger. Feed them in any strange situation. It is advisable to have tasty and healthy food, and not just burgers from Mac. For this they will be very grateful to you and love you more and more every day;
- Take an interest even when not interested. You may not care about the new taste of protein bars or shakes in the gym, the features of the new diet or the color of the new Adidas T-shirt. But you take an interest, talk about it, discuss. Your athlete will be very pleased with your interest. Ask her / him sometimes for something like that;
- Try to learn your partner’s schedule. Professionals can train every day or scratch a day several times a day. Try to learn a workout schedule so you don’t break your phone every time. After some time, it may become unpleasant for him that you have not learned the schedule;
- Get ready for an abundance of sportswear and equipment. Women athletes can have dozens of tracksuits, tops, leggings and swimwear. Oddly enough, this also applies to men. The same applies to inventory. The sportsmen at home can have weights, dumbbells, elastic bands, crossbars for pulling up and much more.
During strict diets, you will have to support your chosen one and remove everything harmful from the house.
Dating.com: dating fit singles is easy
If you are not familiar with Dating.com yet, we definitely advise you to try it out. It is an online dating website which is pretty popular among fitness dating sites. The reasons for its popularity are a customizable searching system which allows users to find the most compatible partner out of the website users and convenience to use. Let’s see what Dating.com can offer you:
- If you are looking for a fitness dating site, Dating.com has a lot to offer to you. The aim of people working here is about creating happy couples who live happily ever after they meet, so it is clear how important taking interests into consideration is. For those fitness lovers who don’t have a significant other there are plenty like-minded individuals who easily become compatible partners;
- And that leads to another advantage: a huge database of users which is constantly broadening. Day by day hundreds of people join Dating.com with a wish to find the love of their life and fit singles are not an exception. If you want to only look for those who are interested in keeping fit, there always is a space in a searching tool which you can fill with a necessary hobby: fitness in that case;
- Personal safety is a must at Dating.com. Using a fitness dating site you want to be sure you won’t be stalked or have any other experience with obsessive partners. Therefore the website requires none of your personal data in the profile. An email is only needed to register, but it won’t be seen by users of the site. And sharing such things as a phone number or an address is not necessary at all.
There is not much you need to do to start using Dating.com:
- Create your own profile. If you don’t have one, sign up with your email or use a social media account;
- Fill the profile information. Tell as much as you can about your interests, hobbies, and preferences. Of course, mention you like doing fitness and it is an important part of your daily routine. But apart from that you definitely have other hobbies you like as well as movie and book genres you especially adore. It is the information which your future partner for sure needs to know. You can also describe what you want your lover to be like;
- Include a picture of yourself. Especially if you love doing sports, it may be a picture of you in a gym or on a morning run;
- Search for a partner yourself. You only need to choose fitness as a main criteria and you will get a collection of fitness lovers profiles.
Enjoy your dating experience with Dating.com!