Nowadays China is not that closed and reserved as it used to be before. A lot of old traditions are now a part of history, so it’s not that hard to find a common language with Chinese people. That’s why people from Europe and the USA are interested in dating the Chinese. Women all over the world know that Chinese men are loyal, family-oriented and devoted to their family’s well-being, so they want to find attractive Chinese partners for themselves to experience Asian dating.
If you want to date a Chinese man there are a lot of things you need to be aware of. In some aspects, views and thoughts about family and relationships can differ a lot while in some aspects Chinese people have very common interests and things they find important. We are all people who want to be loved and cared for, and we also want to give those things back for people who are close to us. So if you have a taste for Chinese men - there are a lot of singles who are ready to open their hearts for a new romantic experience.
What Chinese men are like
If you’re not Chinese, then you probably have not much knowledge about the dating culture of that country and what Chinese men are like in general. The cultural differences might make it quite difficult to avoid misunderstandings and misconceptions and it’s always better to know about people you’re interested in dating. Chinese customs, traditions and views on some things might differ drastically from what Western people are used for.
Just like any stereotypes, myths about Chinese men are often overly exaggerated or completely false.
Even though Chinese (and generally Asian) women are pretty popular all over the world, Chinese men might be not so lucky. It’s not usually connected with qualities they actually have or lack, but with stereotypes about them. Just like any stereotypes, myths about Chinese men are often overly exaggerated or completely false. It always depends on every person’s upbringing, family background and personal traits of character, so you should always know a person better before assuming anything about them.
At the same time, knowing some of the stereotypes might help you to be prepared for things you might actually face while dating a Chinese man. Those things can give you a general understanding of exotic Chinese culture, how those men feel and behave in advance.
They are into serious relationships
Most Chinese people prefer to have stable and long-lasting relationships rather than hookups and one-night stands. For a Chinese man, it’s much more important to find a loyal and suitable partner they can think of marriage and common future with, so most of them would prefer dating over 30 with marriage than fruitless dating earlier. Family is very important for Chinese people: it gives them inspiration, motivation to work hard and to improve their level of lives. Chinese people usually see their perfect family with children, so they can put their time and effort to make their lives better and provide them with all the necessary things.
They don’t actually care about free English lessons or green cards
It’s a common misconception that Asian people date foreigners only to move abroad and improve their life. Of course, there are some people like that, but it’s far from being a tendency. Just like any other people they mostly care about a stable future and they need to see perspectives for the relationships. A lot of Chinese people are pretty open for the idea of moving abroad for their partner though, but it’s mostly connected with the fact that there are much fewer Westerners who are ready to move and integrate in China. Also, if your Chinese partner is already in the USA or another country where you both live, then there are no reasons to assume they have any plans to have any profit from you.
A lot of Chinese people are pretty open for the idea of moving abroad for their partner
They value their family’s opinions
The fact that Chinese people are very family-oriented also means they respect and value their parents’ opinions and advice about many things. They need their relatives to respect and approve their choice, so be ready to be discussed by your partner with his mom and dad. Also, Chinese people usually try hard to help their relatives and do everything to improve their lives too.
Long-distance relationships are common there
A lot of Chinese people are extremely hardworking and they always look for better perspectives in work and ways to earn money. That’s why they often prefer to move to another town or city if they see some good opportunities there. That means that a lot of couples have long-distance relationships: they can be loyal and passionate about their partners even while being hours away from each other though. When a Chinese person finds the best place he wants to stay for a long time and live, they can settle down and create a family, but before that time be ready to travel and use video calls a lot.
They can be very modest and shy
Many Asian people tend to be pretty insecure and shy in the very beginning of relationships and it also might be difficult for them to approach. It might create an image of a person who is pretty emotionless or reserved, but usually, it’s just their shyness which makes them behave very reserved. Traditional Chinese upbringing makes people hide their emotions and concentrate on work to achieve the best results, so a Chinese man might be really interested in you but too modest and insecure to ask you out. That’s why sometimes it’s better for women to take the initiative in their hands. A lot of Chinese people tend to think that Americans and Westerners, in general, are very rich, so the Chinese are worried that they won’t be able to provide their potential partners. Chinese people are much more open and full of life when you’re dating, so there will be no such issues later.
What you should know about dating Chinese men
Even though people tend to follow dating rules of a country they live in, there are still some features that are very typical for Chinese men. There are some things you need to know about before starting dating a Chinese man:
- Chinese people don’t rush up things and prefer to start relationships slowly. They are not into hookups and want to be sure in their potential partner before things are serious. Also, Chinese men tend to respect their girlfriends’ boundaries and wait for intimacy without any pressure;
- They often carry their girlfriend’s purse. It comes from their conviction that women shouldn’t carry heavy things, so if her man is close he always tries to carry everything for her. Chinese women often behave a little bit childlike because it’s often considered cute in their culture, so their men tend to be protective and act like gentlemen;
- A lot of Chinese people prefer to demonstrate their serious intentions with expensive presents and gifts. A man interested in a woman shows off to let her understand the level of financial well-being he can offer to their potential family. There are a lot of ridiculous proposals when men buy giant bouquets or lots of expensive gadgets at once to impress their crush;
- There might be a kind of competition between friends interested in one girl. They can show off and compete for her attention: while Western men have an unwritten rule not to mess up their friend’s chances with a girl, Chinese men don’t see any problems at all. Even though it might be confusing for a Western girl, it’s considered that it’s up to a girl to choose the best man to date;
- Chinese people love matching outfits and accessories. Even though it might be seen as pretty cheesy in the Western culture you might see a lot of couples wearing the same T-shirts or at least pendants to show they are together. So if your Chinese man presents you matching stuff be respectful and behave tactfully;
- Their parents tend to pressure into having kids and marriage a lot. It’s often seen as the greatest value in life, so both of you will be expected to marry pretty soon. Act respectfully and polite and listen to their advice and then decide whether you want to follow it or not;
- Chinese people often try to check their partner’s mobile phones which can be considered pretty irritating and unrespectful in Western culture. A lot of Chinese people can be pretty jealous and insecure while dating especially if they date a foreigner: they might think their partner is always surrounded by other people interested in dating them and feel pressure because of them. You can build up your boundaries and explain your Chinese boyfriend it’s inappropriate or find a compromise and convince him that everything is fine and he has no reasons to be worried;
- A Chinese man tries his best to be responsible and mature in relationships: that’s an essential part of his upbringing. A Chinese boy is seen as a future supplier and family protector from the very childhood, so they tend to be very serious about being good boyfriends, husbands and fathers. That also means that all the little things you do for your Chinese boyfriend to show your love and care will be very appreciated by him because in traditional Chinese dating men often are expected to give presents and arrange romantic moments without receiving the same from their girlfriends;
- Even though some people think that Chinese men aren’t romantic it’s not true. Their views on what’s considered romantic might differ from the Western ones but they always try their best to impress women they like. Your Chinese man will always try to carry your bag, answer all your messages immediately and insist on paying all the bills, give you small cute presents and flowers and that’s their way to show love and affection.
Find a perfect Chinese man on Dating.com
Even though there are limits on internet usage in China, there are a lot of expats in other countries of the world who are open to dating and meeting new people. Chinese men date not only Chinese women, especially if they live in the USA or European countries. Chinese people often go abroad to work and study there, so they meet a lot of new people during these years and there is nothing surprising that they are interested in attractive Westerners too.
A crazy pace of life might make it hard for a busy person to find new people for dating and making deep emotional connections with. That’s why nowadays online dating services are so popular among modern people all over the world. They help to save time and efforts and not to waste it on having first dates with people you don’t know well enough to understand whether they suit you or not. Online dating helps people not only to find attractive singles ready for dating but also to find like-minded people with similar interests, hobbies and values. It’s proven that people who have a lot in common and are interested in spending a lot of time together doing their favourite things have really big chances to have long-lasting and stable relationships. You don’t need to change partners like gloves if you are lucky enough to find a perfectly matching partner who is your real soulmate and suits you the best.
A crazy pace of life might make it hard for a busy person to find new people for dating and making deep emotional connections with.
Dating.com is one of the most popular dating services in the world because of its great working experience in that field. We know what people want from online dating and what features they value the most, so we have created the best platform for people wanting to use a comfortable, effective and enjoyable dating site. Dating.com has some advantages which can improve your online dating experience a lot:
- The searching algorithm of Dating.com allows the users to sort potential partners not only based on their age, location and appearance but also interests, life goals, values and views. The platform is perfect for socialization and communication, so there are people of different views, religion, race, orientation and relationship goals. Whether you want a small romantic adventure or a stable emotional connection which can lead to marriage you can find the right person there;
- Our user-friendly interface allows people of any age and computer skills to use our platform without any difficulties. To start your online dating adventure you only need to register and fulfil your personal information to let your potential partners know some facts about you. Write about who you are and what you are looking for, choose your best photo and that’s it! Choose attractive people you’d like to communicate with and wait for a response;
- Dating.com allows its users to communicate only if they match - they need to like each other before they have an opportunity to use direct messages or live chats in case they prefer speaking instead of messaging. This approach helps people to avoid unwanted attention and increases their chances to find interested potential partners significantly. Another person won’t see if they were declined by you, so no one’s feelings are hurt and everyone is concentrated on finding their best option. If both matches have interest in each other and feel attraction, they have much more confidence and it increases their chances to find their love a lot;
- We provide our users with security and safety: the service is perfectly protected and can save the users data, so you can use it confidently. Concentrate on dating and leave the technical side for us;
- The number of users is growing constantly, so there are a lot of your potential soulmates waiting for you online. Find the best matching person on Dating.com and bring bright colours to your life!