Korea has already become an extremely popular country who creates trends and has a great influence on modern pop culture. K-pop music has made Asian music and flawless doll-like appearance a great popular trend all over the world and Korean makeup and cosmetics industry popularized Korea even more. When a lot of people constantly see Korean products and culture on TV and the Internet they slowly become involved and soon they can’t live without their favourite K-pop idols. Knowing about all these things there is no surprise that there are a lot of young women all over the world who are dreaming of dating Korean men. Whether you are a fan of K-pop and doramas or not, there are a lot of reasons to be interested in Korea and local people and to try Asian dating.
It goes without saying that every country has its traditions, customs and cultural background. All these factors influence Korean people’s everyday life, their likes and dislikes, their dating process, relationship goals and views. It’s sometimes hard for a Westerner to understand an Asian person, so it’s always to be aware of the differences you might face in advance.
Why you should date a Korean man: what is great about them
Korean dating has a lot of differences from Western dating: while sometimes there are just little details which can be easily discussed and make no difference, there are also some things you need to get used to if you want to try dating a Korean man. There are a lot of significant advantages Korean men have that make them great partners and potential spouses whether you’d decide to live in Korea or move to your country together.
- They are gentlemen. It’s customary for a Korean man to treat his girlfriend like a princess - at least at the very beginning of the relationship. Even later his behaviour won’t change drastically - they just show their pragmatic and practical nature. Korean men love and care for their ladies, they prefer to pay all the bills and provide their partners or families with everything needed, and if they are the only breadwinners in their families they expect their women to do the house chores instead. At the same time, they don’t object to their women having degrees and careers, they just prefer to divide the duties - just like most couples do. When the relationship becomes more serious, a Korean man often becomes demanding: they have a lot of expectations for themselves and their partners as well. All the life in Korea is about competition and hard work, so they dislike lazy and disinterested people around them. Don’t be offended by their straightforwardness and comments - at the end of a day they usually turn out to be right;
- They are romantic, so you can be sure that your Korean man will demonstrate to you a lot of his love, care and affection and do a lot of cute little things for you. Also, it’s hard to imagine another country in the world who gives as much attention to St. Valentine’s Day as the Koreans do: they have a lot of little holidays dedicated to love and dating, so you’ll often be showered with little gifts and presents pretty often. Also, chivalry is not dead in Korea, so it’s a perfect opportunity to feel like a real lady there;
- These guys love chatting, so be ready to receive tons of messages from your Korean boyfriend. You’ll never have to wait for an answer for a long time - he’ll message you as soon as possible because he’s as glued to his phone as you are. Messaging and using social networks are extremely popular there, so everyone is constantly connected to a big system: if you post your photo on the local analogue of Instagram, all your acquaintances are aware of where you are and what you are doing at the moment. So use this advantage to stay in touch with your boyfriend all the time;
- Your Korean boyfriend will watch all the cheesy soap operas with you! Even though in some countries soap operas are considered to be targeted as a women’s hobby, it’s absolutely wrong in Korea. A lot of people there watch these dramas and romantic films all the time regardless of age and sex. It will be normal to watch a new popular dorama with your boyfriend - isn’t it every girl’s dream? More than that, such movies often bring people in a very romantic mood, so watch these cheesy movies regularly with your partner and you’ll improve your relationship a lot;
- These guys are extremely loyal - so they never do anything to make their girl upset and affect their relationship in a bad way. Sometimes they are ready for things which are unbelievable for the Westerners: they can ask their girls to choose their outfits to look great together. If they start dating someone they will try their best to make their relationship as healthy and long-lasting as they can: Korean men are not into hookups and one-night stands, they prefer serious relationships which can potentially lead to marriage;
To summarize everything up, dating Korean men is great for women who value their partners to be loyal, responsible, honest and romantic. They can be a little bit too straightforward and criticising but they never do that without a reason, so dating a Korean man you can be sure you both can potentially have something serious which makes you both better as people and can result in marriage. They love their families and deeply respect their parents, they are sometimes a little bit shy and they won’t rush things with a girl they like.
Taking into account that these guys are usually not for high-school-like dating and are mostly family-oriented most of them won’t be happy not to be taken seriously.
Of course, stereotypes are often wrong and you shouldn't be judgemental towards anyone because of the cliches about their nationality or culture. No one would be happy to be fetishized: never mention that you date a Korean guy only because you think he looks like a K-pop idol or because he’s Asian. It’s not only disrespectful but also shows you as an immature and shallow person who is not ready for a serious relationship. Taking into account that these guys are usually not for high-school-like dating and are mostly family-oriented most of them won’t be happy not to be taken seriously. At the same time, most of the Koreans are great and reliable partners who can make every woman happy. But what to do to meet a perfect Korean partner?
Find a perfect Korean man for dating on Dating.com
South Korea is an amazing country which is worth visiting if you like their culture, traditions and aesthetics. But even if you don’t have an opportunity to go there but still want to date a handsome Korean man there is still an opportunity to do so. Online dating is one of the modern ways to find love which is becoming more and more popular every day all over the world: people are looking for compatible partners, searching for the best rich men dating sites and seeking love online.
Thousands of people from Korea use dating services to look for potential partners both locally and abroad.
Remembering about Korean guys who really like using their mobile phones all the time you probably won’t be surprised to hear that online dating is extremely popular there. Thousands of people from Korea use dating services to look for potential partners both locally and abroad. Finding a sweetheart from another country didn’t use to be so popular in the past, but now more and more Korean men prefer to use the Internet to find the love of their lives.
Dating.com has one of the most successful dating rates because of its comfort and effectiveness. Thousands of people have already found their love online and changed their lives forever with the help of loving and suitable partners. Every person interested in socialization and new people in their life can have an amazing dating experience just following some steps:
- Register and create a profile. If you use some wrong facts or don’t complete the profile properly your perfect potential partner will not find you, so answer honestly. Who are you? Who are you looking for? What are your relationship goals? Answer these questions and help the searching engine to show you the best suitable candidates;
- Match and have fun! If a person you like likes you back, then you have an opportunity to use direct messages and live chats. It’s always easier to communicate and flirt with someone who definitely likes you, so use your confidence and charm to meet the significant other!