There are lots of people who would like not only to travel there but also to move there one day: it’s a perfect place for raising kids and spending the rest of your life. Also, it’s a country with a huge amount of ridiculously attractive people: healthy and naturally glowing Dutch men and women are very beautiful in many people’s eyes. There are lots of women who would like to date Dutch guys: they tend to be pretty tall, well-built, handsome and neat: they know how to take care of themselves and what to do to stay strong and healthy every day. These men are sporty, they dress well and their intelligence makes them even more handsome: a Dutch guy can be a great partner for every modern and independent lady who needs a partner understanding and respecting her needs and feelings. Dutchmen are not about being overly masculine and patriarchal: they are about being polite, respectful and understanding. They love and value their women and see personalities in them - and that’s extremely attractive about them.
What Dutch guys are like
Dutch girls and guys have plenty of stereotypes about them: a typical guy from the Netherlands is often seen as a super liberal and modern person who always looks fashionable and neat but natural and simple at the same time, enjoys modern coffee shops and attends the newest art exhibitions almost every day. Of course, not every Dutch person is like that: there are plenty of simple and still extremely attractive young men there who just enjoy life and think about their future with their beloved partners. They definitely have good yet simple taste in clothing and know a lot about good food and drinks: there is so much interesting and delicious food there that it’s almost impossible to stay away from it. The number of sporty and good-looking men is pretty high there: just like in many developed countries, there are lots of people who have enough time, money and opportunities to care for their health and appearance. Being in the Netherlands is like being in a candy shop: there are so many handsome people that you can’t help but look around.
There are plenty of simple and still extremely attractive young men there who just enjoy life and think about their future with their beloved partners.
We’re all different: it’s hard to describe everyone only because of their nationality or cultural background of the country they live in. At the same time, there are lots of factors which can influence people’s characters, interests, views and mentality a lot: a person from a conservative traditional country with strong patriarchal influence has a mindset which is very different from the views of a person living in a modern liberal Western country. Our culture, customs and traditions, standards of living and our personal stories of life create our characters and personalities: a person is a mixture of everything which has happened with them during their life. Therefore, even though people can’t blindly believe in stereotypes or cliches about nationalities and their habits, there are still lots of things which can be pretty true for many people living in specific conditions.
Though it’s always better to form your opinion based on your own experience and communication, there are still a few things you should know in advance before dating a Dutch guy. Though we’re all unique, every country still has its features which can differ people’s dating culture and habits. The Netherlands are very modern and Westernized, but it doesn’t mean that every little detail of the country is just the same as in other Western countries: we love travelling to other countries because of how unique and different they are, so let’s learn more about what to expect from most of the Dutch guys:
- The term “going Dutch” has its reasons to exist. The most significant trait of the Dutch character is their equal attitude towards men and women: the local couples treat each other pretty equally and don’t separate duties to “male” or “female”. Therefore, Dutch guys are not expected to pay on dates: more than that, most of the Dutch ladies are into separating their bills as well. It’s seen as inappropriate for men to brag about their money or to show that they are more wealthy, financially stable or anything than their ladies. Also, local women don’t like the idea of being obliged to give anything to a guy who paid for their dinner or a cup of coffee on a date. Therefore, it’s always better to rely on your wallet in the Netherlands and not to expect a guy to pay for you - this probably won’t happen;
- These guys are not very good at flirting. Local people tend to be very straightforward in their thoughts and intentions: both men and women are allowed to make the first step there, so most people avoid dating games or flirting at all. If a local guy sees a lady who is clearly flirting with him, he will probably ask her whether they should go to his place or hers. Dutch people tend to show their intentions clearly, so it’s very hard to miss a hint there: if a person likes you, then he will probably tell you directly what they feel and what they want;
- They prefer natural beauty but they like high heels as well. Dutch people are not into dressing up or using lots of makeup: they prefer to keep things simple and naturally most of their time. Even if you have a date with a Dutch guy, it doesn’t mean that you’re expected to put lots of effort into your hairstyle, face contouring or manicure: you can look very casual but still be appreciated there. At the same time, researchers claim that most of the Dutchmen still consider ladies wearing nice high heels attractive: this is a thing you definitely can use to attract a Dutch guy of your dreams;
- Dutch guys don’t want to marry early. It’s pretty normal for a Dutchman to marry when he’s about 37: these people don’t want to create families until they feel financially stable and mature enough for it. Don’t expect your Dutch boyfriend to propose early: it probably won’t happen because these people prefer their relationships to develop slowly and steady. Just enjoy your relationship and try to know each other better: if you’re suitable and compatible enough for marriage, then it will definitely happen;
- They don’t want to be seen as “rich” by their women. Though Dutch people have pretty high standards of living, they don’t brag about their wealth and don’t try to portray themselves as extremely rich or wealthy people. Singles looking for wealthy partners often search for them on the best rich men dating sites: it’s more honest and direct. They prefer to be seen as good partners because of their traits of character and things they do to improve their relationships but not money: it’s pretty hard to see a Dutchman trying to attract some attention by throwing his money away or showing off with his expensive accessories or jewellery. That means that Dutch guys are not into gold diggers: respect a Dutchman for his personality and you’ll have more chances with him.
Try dating a Dutch guy online on Dating.com
The Netherlands are definitely worth visiting for every person who loves travelling and wants to experience this highly developed and modern country. Whether you’ve already been there or not, you have lots of opportunities to date an attractive Dutch guy - and online dating is one of them. Being one of the most popular modern ways to meet new people for friendship, communication, dating and relationships, online dating is now everywhere: people from youth to seniors use online services to stay in touch with their closest people and to find new interesting people around for something more than just friendship. Modern people rarely forget about their smartphones: most of their communication, entertainment, business and personal life are connected with their gadgets. That’s why online dating becomes more and more popular every year and attracts millions of new users. That's the future: you can talk to a person living on another continent without even leaving your house.
Being one of the most popular modern ways to meet new people for friendship, communication, dating and relationships, online dating is now everywhere.
Dating.com is the service which can help you to find the most suitable Dutch guy for you who is open for dating and relationships. For more than 25 years the service unites lonely hearts and helps people to find their true soulmates and great partners. People of different nationalities, religions, views, hobbies and relationship goals can socialize and communicate online to meet their significant others comfortably and securely. The site opens the door into the amazing world of online dating which is full of opportunities and interesting potential for everyone: whether you’re looking for a short romantic adventure or a long story of love which can potentially result in marriage, Dating.com is there to help you and to find your true love for you.
Register and create your profile to communicate, chat and flirt with attractive singles all over the world. Online dating has no limits: date attractive guys from the Netherlands without leaving your house with the help of direct messages on the platform or live chats online. The searching algorithm and the matching system of Dating.com will help you to find the most like-minded and suitable partners for stable and healthy relationships. Meet your perfect soulmate online and write your own love story on Dating.com!